Wednesday 21 December 2011

Almost Christmas !

Well a few months off blog as loads going on at home , especially with my wonder boy son who has been seriously I'll for 8 years.

Today I took delivery of our Xmas meat and whilst the children are excited about the Xmas food the general though was "when are we going back on the ration ? " Loudest of all was my daughter (11) who complained all through the 3 months of it but has now decided she prefers it . She cannot eat baked beans at all now as she finds them too sweet.

So after Xmas we are back in the ration again - although today we did have an almost fully ration day :
Breakfast - toast ( not homemade almost national loaf but it will be soon !!!)
Lunch - lentil soup with chard from the garden ( the last of our own ) - not quite fully ration as it had garlic in it !!

I made ginger biscuits from the " eat for victory " cookery book - very very easy and the kids really like them

Dinner - we had bread that needed eating today so used the equivalent of the cheese ration and the children had cheese toasties and OH and I had jacket potatoes with cheese and a root vegetable salad.

Went thought the fridge and found some milk which was about to turn - made a potato gratin with it which we will have tomorrow either with some lentils or a bit of the meat ration.



All in all a successful day and it was very nice to get back into the swing of things.


Also joined a fabulous blog which has vintage 1940s knitting and found a pattern for a lovely 1940s counterpane. Now all I have to do is complete the work for my Phd that I am being with before i start !!!!!!



Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy new year !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment